We are looking for a Youth Coordinator. Here is the Job Description:
Job Description: Youth Coordinator
St. Luke’s ~ San Lucas Episcopal Church is a bilingual Episcopal Church serving Vancouver and Southwest Washington since 1853. Our vision is to answer God’s call to be an Anglo-Hispanic faith community that works together to share the love of Christ. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, our mission is to extend hospitality to all, to respond to human need through service, and to grow in faith together.
Purpose: The Youth Coordinator (YC) is a new position designed to provide for the junior high school and high school parishioners with appropriate spiritual activity.
Supervision: The YC will be supervised by the Rector and the Youth Leader. Time sheet must be approved by Youth Leader and Rector.
Hours: The position is for 10 hours per month.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish. Proficiency will be tested.
- Organized self-starter.
- Experience working with youth (12-18 years old).
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- College degree preferred. Enrolled in College a plus. High School/GED required.
- Willingness to learn about the Episcopal Church and St. Luke’s Parish. A confirmed Episcopalian will be preferred.
- Musical leadership is desired.
- Clean driving record required.
- Familiarity in working with volunteers preferred.
- Attend any training that the Rector indicates is needed.
- A completed Application with References.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher).
- Skills in WordPress preferred.
- Respectful, timely, and clear communicator in both languages.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Capable filing and retrieval of documents, both electronic and paper.
- Organize and lead youth events at St. Luke’s ~ San Lucas.
- Regular meetings twice a month (existing practice)
- Occasional special events quarterly (existing)
- Organize something for Sunday for youth (new). Options to be developed with Rector and Youth Leader
- Support diocesan programs (JYC, HYC and Six-Day).
- Recruit members for the youth group from the 1:00 pm and 10:00 am services.
- Connect youth to worship services: Attend the 10 am and 1 pm services at least 2 times a month.
- Maintain a safe driving record.
- Be familiar and able to open and close the building and provide secure access.
- Follow the security protocols of the Parish, including especially Safeguarding God’s Children and People.
- Maintain records of Parental Consents for youth participation in events.
- Maintain certification in Safeguarding God’s Children for volunteer adults.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Compensation: The position is part time (20 hours per month). The position is hourly. Compensation will be $13-16 per hour. Compensation for weekend events like HYC and JYC, and camp events such as Six Day to be negotiated in advance.